Can't access Files section of admin console: 'Cannot query field "version" on type "File". Did you mean "extension"?'

Silverstripe Version: 4.5

Question:

Hi all,

I’ve recently picked up SilverStripe for a relatively small-scale website project, and haven’t had any issues with the system on my local environment. However when the website is deployed, I am unable to access the ‘Files’ section of the admin console, with the error message:

Cannot query field “version” on type “File”. Did you mean “extension”?

I am still able to upload files (indirectly) through other elements in the CMS (UploadFields on pages / objects, for instance) and these uploaded files do appear in the database.

Initially we were running the site on nginx, but have since switched to apache2, which did not solve the problem.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Just wondering if you found the solution for this as I’m currently having the same issue!

Hi there,
not sure if you still need an answer to this, but I think I had the same or a similar problem.
The solution seemed completely unrelated, but in my case it was a memory issue.
Please have a look here: https://forum.silverstripe.org/t/ss-4-6-1-admin-files-server-responded-with-an-error-syntax-error-unexpected-eof-on-live-server/3527/2

I hope that helped.