After Silverstripe CMS 5.0.0 beta1 was tagged at the beginning of last month we kept going to work on preparing a stable version of CMS 5 and required changes in CMS 4. After Beta release regression tests were done for detection issues and weaknesses. Issues in broken builds have been reviewed and fixed as well.
- Fixed Broken builds CMS 5
- Added tests using local dynamodb instance
- Fixed issue SecurityAdmin - Call to a member function toMap() on null
- Fixed issue CookieStore doesn’t always return something
- CMS5 Beta regression testing
- CMS5 Documentation updates
- CMS 5 beta: Possible ViewableData regression (maybe related to DBComposite fields)
Fluent v4 / v5
Community pull requests merged
- Loz Calver:
- Michal Kleiner: Use null safe operator and default to 1 page
- Chris Penny: Add isFlushed() to Kernel interface
Work in progress
We will continue to work on a stable version of CMS 5. Most of the time, we will be focusing on testing and identifying existing problems in the beta version, and preparing to release fixes for version 4.
We will work on improving the translation process during the release. And also we will check again all stuff in CMS 4 that were removed in version 5 and mark them as deprecated.
Work will also be done to maintain compatibility with version 5 of some modules such as