4.4.0, 4.4.1 Release announcement

SilverStripe 4.4.0 has been released. It includes a handful of improvements to the CMS UI along with several new APIs, enhancements, and security fixes for developers.

Most notably, the “better buttons” module by Uncle Cheese has been ported into core for the 4.4.0 release. This is a profound usability enhancement for gridfields.

Further, there are new GraphQL features, like scaffolded search, and public files now have permanent URLs (i.e. no more hashes!).

Concurrently, version 4.4.1 has been released with some critical bug fixes for file migrations. If you’re upgrading to SilverStripe 4.4 from SilverStripe 3, please be sure to use the 4.4.1 to get the most accurate and performant results from your file migration.

Also included in this release are two moderately severe security fixes that address potential CSRF exploitations.

See the changelog for more information: silverstripe-framework/4.4.0.md at 4 · silverstripe/silverstripe-framework · GitHub

1 Like

Why are the packages weighing > 300MB?

Because the git history has been left in them going back to the dark ages :joy:

I wondered it too. But download it via composer and it’s fine. :+1:t3:

There’s an open issue logged about it. I’m sure it’s on the to-do list :slight_smile: