Now that we’ve got Silverstripe CMS 5.0.0 out the door, we’ve been focusing on squashing bugs as they get reported, and resolving some bugs that we hadn’t been able to focus on in the weeks leading up to that release.
We really appreciate the bug reports we’ve been getting especially for CMS 5. If you’re experiencing issues upgrading that seem to be the cause of a bug or regression which isn’t covered in the changelog or an existing github issue please do create an issue for that. And please also let us know what your upgrade experience is like - was it easy? Did you run into some unexpected change? Was the changelog useful or did you find it hard to navigate? Please create a forum post or come on over to the cms5 channel in slack and let us know how you got on. We want to know what we did well and what we can improve.
You might also remember that in March we urgently patched a high impact DDOS vulnerability in
silverstripe/graphql and promised to share lessons learned from our internal review of that process. The review has been completed and we have created a forum post detailing our findings and lessons learned from that.
Work completed in the last couple of weeks
Bug fixes and other immediate changes
Fixed wrong permissions set on directories created through Silverstripe CMS 5 - update
Fixed error when submitting form with an email that is also set to “Email for reply to” in Silverstripe CMS 5 - update
Fixed a bug that resulted in losing elemental block data on validation errors - update
silvertripe/adminto 2.0.1 and
dnadesign/silverstripe-elementalto 5.0.1 for CMS 5, or update
silverstripe/adminto 1.13.2 and
dnadesign/silverstripe-elementalto 4.13.1 for CMS 4
MemcachedCacheFactoryin 5.0.0 - update
Fixed a bug that redirected admin URLs if trailing slash was enforced in CMS 5 - update
- Updated configuration documentation and forms documentation
- Added some missing context to CMS 5.0.0 changelog
- The last jest tests were updated to work with React 18
Changes to look forward to in future releases
Community pull requests merged
As always we greatly appreciate community contributions which help make Silverstripe CMS better for everyone. The following community pull requests have been merged recently:
Fixing “Undefined variable $backURL” in enforeLogin function for
- Allow different search filters on TreeDropdownField by Elliot Sawyer
faster checking if record exists in
- make Group use tri-state can* extension hooks by Florian Thoma
- Add loading of ORM field labels to i18nTextCollector by Florian Thoma
- Update i18nTextCollector to collect strings also from themes by Florian Thoma
- Remove deprecated template vars by Mo Alsharaf
- update docs and user help urls by Izzudin Anuar
Focus for the next couple of weeks
We’re doing some work internally to investigate how we choose what to work on next and how to best ensure whatever we work on has value not only for Silverstripe but also for the wider community. We’re hopeful that one outcome of this is that we can start finding effective ways to get input from you all about what would be valuable for you.
In the mean time, we’ve got some assumptions to validate, some post-launch tidy up to do for CMS 5, and of course there’s always bugs that need squashing.