Welcome to 2024!
We finished the year strong, adding issue and PR templates! If you make any contributions going forward, please fill out the templates as completely as you can, it really helps us get a feel for what state your contribution is in so we can get stuck straight into helping to get things completed.
We also fixed some bugs and continued work on
Since we’ve been back this year we’ve been hard at work focusing primarily on getting the link field module ready for a formally supported release - and it’s getting close.
- Add issue and PR templates to all supported module GitHub repositories
Allow Selenium2Driver to be used for alert-based behat tests - patched on
HTMLEditorField::setRows() works differently in CMS 5 - patched in
PasswordField inside ConfirmedPasswordField isn’t correctly marked as “required” - patched in
- Make GridFieldComponents work with arbitrary
- Fix clobbering of the upload size validation (a tag-team effort with Nick)
Summary splits sentences just by dots - but not by
:?!(a tag-team effort with Lukas)
unstable_useBlockeris not a function
- LinkField honours Link permission
- Save relations on Link creation instead of parent save
- Fix some narly css styling
- Correctly show when files are used in links
- Change “clear” button to “delete”
- Provide a graceful loading animation for the LinkField
- All AJAX calls should handle all possible errors gracefully
- Handle cases where there is no owner
- Make link type labels and order consistent with WYSIWYG
- Use proper namespace for PHP translation
- Allow link types to have custom icons
- Screen jumps up on rerender of MultiLinkField
- Handle trailing slashes in urls
As always, a big thank you to the community for contributing bug fixes and enhancements! Here’s what got merged since our last update.
- Remove broken icons from gridfield add button by Mo Alsharaf
- Remove LastEdited from summary_fields (Fixes #1170) by Bauke
- API allow chaining for Upload_Validator by Will Rossiter
- ENH Create Requirements::customScriptWithAttributes by Finlay Metcalfe
- NEW: Extension points for FilesystemPublisher. by Mojmir Fendek
DOC Update changelog for
.brfsupport by Ed Wilde
- Ensure the setAllowedMaxFileSize wont allow config values to exceed PHP limits by Nick
- NEW Return 404 when redirector page wants to link to missing page by Marco Hermo
We’re motoring ahead with
silverstripe/linkfield. There’s an old POC for providing a low-level API for file type conversion we’re working on bringing into core, and we’ve got the usual mix of bug fixes and enhancements in our backlog to chew away at as well.