The team has been working on automating more of our CI and delivery process. This will hopefully mean faster builds and quicker turn around on bug fixes. We’re also dealing with some follow up work from Eager loading which should allow us to squeeze a bit more performance out of the feature.
Silverstripe also step away from its regular work last week for a special Innovation Week event. This gave us a few days to focus on more esoteric and edgy projects. Some of these ideas might make their way into Silverstripe CMS over the months and years to come.
We also released two security patches on July 31st.
- Automatic merge-ups
Enum(["value1","value2"])does not work
- TagField triggers edit form change state when there are no changes
- DataList doesn’t trigger eagerloading for first() and last() calls
- Create a module-standardiser tool
- Optimise filtering ID columns
- Update severity rating to document a 0.0 CVSS
- Circular dependency when using MAILER_DSN in env
- New eager loading functionality doesn’t eager load empty lists - results in unnecessary db calls
- Run dev/build add-on only once by NightJar
- Update 02_configuring_your_schema.md by cotpat
- CachedConfigCollection is written to disk on every page load by lekoala
- include silverstripe core files into roots by lekoala
We are forging ahead with further automation to our workflows. With StripeConEU fast approaching next month we are also working behind the scene to prepare for the event.