Elemental editing area hangs on loading

Silverstripe Version: 4.4.4

Hi all. I wonder if someone could help me? I’ve got 2 addons installed:

  • dnadesign/silverstripe-elemental
  • syntro/silverstripe-elemental-bootstrap

I have tried it without the bootstrap addon too, but no change.

Just playing around with it at the moment to try and get it to do something I like. However, the blocks element on the page edit seems to hang (see image below). No errors in the developer’s console on Chrome, only a warning about 2 buttons sharing the same ID (I believe related to GridField sorting).

If I try to add a block while it’s “loading”, I see the below in the console:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: GraphQL error: Invalid ElementalAreaID: 0

This seems to link through to ReadOneAreaResolver (part of GraphQL), which throws an exception:

InvalidArgumentException: Could not find elemental area matching ID 0

Not sure where it’s getting ID 0 from, or how that can be changed?

Any help appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve hit a similar error in the past and saving the page generated the missing object and fixed the issue. I thought that particular issue had been fixed in the module though so may not work for you.

Thanks for the reply @JonoM. I did read that somewhere and went through and saved the pages, both individually and by bulk publishing them.

It didn’t do anything though :frowning:

It seems like you’ve probably added the ElementalPageExtension to an existing page type, with existing instances in the database. An easy way to test this is to see if the elemental area behaves as expected on a brand new page of that same type.

If this is the case, and dev/build does not solve the issue, then you’ll probably need to create an ElementalArea (in the database) for that page some how. I thought there was some automation for this somewhere, but did not see it at a quick glance. I’m sure I recall the feature being added though… :thinking:

just had the same issue after creating my own block had to drop db, might be able to clear the elementalArea cache somehow