EOL for 4.0 and 4.1 is 31/03/2019

We’ve previously announced a more structured process on declaring the End of Life (EOL) on minor releases. The relevant bit from our release process docs is:

The End-of-Life (EOL) for minor releases of a major release in “active development” or “full support” will be announced at least six months in advance.

In accordance with this, we’re announcing the EOL of 4.0 and 4.1 for 31/03/2019.

Reminder: 3.6 is EOL on 31/12/2019, and the 3.x release line will be EOL in 31/09/2020.

1 Like

Hi, the roadmap seems to indicate that the 3.x line will still have limited support into 2021. Is there an updated EOL date?

Thanks.

Additionally, the server requirements page for Silverstripe 3.x says that PHP < 7.2 is supported. However PHP 7.1 will reach end-of-life tomorrow, so is there support for running Silverstripe 3.x on PHP >= 7.2?

@steve Looks like the v3 docs need updating. According to the v4 docs, v3.7 is compatible with PHP 7.3.

1 Like

Great, thanks @purplespider

Hi @steve, you are correct that the EOL date for the 3.x line has recently been extended. The support roadmap is the source of truth.

Thanks for noting the outdated PHP documentation too. I’ll get a pull request up to resolve that.

Thanks @Bryn_Whyman.

I also noticed that PHP 7.4 was released a few days ago. I wonder if there are any known issues using it with SS 3.x or 4.x?

At this stage I understand there have been some depreciations in 7.4 that are causing failures in the automated test suite for both 3.x and 4.x. At this stage they seem relatively minor: (SS3: [3.7] Travis builds are broken with PHP 7.4 · Issue #9208 · silverstripe/silverstripe-framework · GitHub)

1 Like