HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Oh dear, I’ve messed up BIG TIME…
I have never tabbed before whilst editing our work’s page on Silverstripe - but I did so this morning.
The page I did it on has now changed format, lost the formatting menu bar, the title of the page (on the side bar) has got a line through it, and I can’t change anything on it now!!!
PLEASE can someone advise…
Many thanks

Hi,

When you say ‘tabbed’, could you explain a bit more what you did?

The changes you’re describing, are these in the CMS system or has the page changed on the actual website as well?

If you’re able to take a screen-shot, that might help with some ideas.

Hi, what I meant was instead of moving something across the page with the space bar, I tried control tab (to be quicker!!). I used control tab as that’s what I used in Word tables.

Many thanks

I only work Mondays and Fridays between 10-2 - so will only see replies within those working hours.

A line through the page in the Site Tree section (left panel) will mean that you have deleted/archived the page. Not necessarily on the live website, it could be a draft change. Look at the page actions section at the bottom (where Save, Save & Publish etc is) and you should see a button allowing you to restore the page.

It’s a very old version of SilverStripe that you’re running there (v2.4), and more than likely on a unsupported version of PHP too. Might be worthwhile looking at upgrading at some point… v4 of SilverStripe is a big improvement also and not too much of a learning curve.

Hope this helps!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
The problem is now solved……
Bless you
Caroline

1 Like