I need help with installation plz!

Hello, I am a student in university of Greece, and I have to make a website with SilverStripe. And I can’t find how to download silverstripe zip file to upload to my university server.
Could you help?
Or can me explain how composer work, because I don’t know how to download from composer.
Thank you!

Hi,

Composer is the recommended way to set up the Silverstripe code, since it looks after all the dependencies for you, and makes upgrading much simpler.

There should be plenty of references on the web for setting up composer on your local machine (it’s hard to be too specific without knowing about your setup). Once you have composer working, you can just grab the full Silverstripe package with the command on the download page here: https://www.silverstripe.org/download/

Shout if you have any specific problems.

Thank you very much for your answer!
I want help, how to make my site with 2 languages?

For multi-language support, take a look at the ‘Fluent’ module:

You are the best!!! :slight_smile:
And two more questions… How can i add contact form and slider?
I find some in github but it didnt work.

When i will finish my site, i will send you the link to see it!!

The simplest way to add forms is with the userforms module: GitHub - silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms: UserForms module provides a visual form builder for the SilverStripe CMS. No coding required to build forms such as contact pages.

As for the slider, I don’t have a solution for that one. I usually just build that kind of thing as part of the template and use a dataobject for the slides.

okey thank tou for help!!!
How can i add template or theme to have slider or search bar?

1 Like

Hello my friend… This is my first site with SilverStripe Αρχική » Lake House
Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Thanks for the information