Included Modules

Silverstripe Version: 4.4

**Question:**Modules included?

Do we need to add any modules? For that matter which modules are already included? For that matter, why is Composer required for modules installation when a project is not involved. Isn’t a project already involved, getting a basic site set up and running? Shouldn’t “Site Setup” be included automatically?

A puzzled mind would like to know.

Do you need to add any modules: Depends what you are hoping to achieve really. You don’t need specific modules beyond the basic install to get running.

Which modules are already included: A “default” installation comes with the SilverStripe framework, CMS, admin system, asset admin and a bunch of other core code to make a simple CMS-based site. The standard installer also includes a simple front-end theme.

As for the rest of your question, I’m not sure I fully understand it. As I said on your other thread, composer is the preferred way to manage a SS4 site and add-ons, since it helps to deal with all the dependencies. If you run composer create-project silverstripe/installer /path/to/project 4.2.2 you’ll get all the code you need (including the installer) to get a site running.