Load silverstripe cms without domain using ip address

**Silverstripe Version: 4.3 **

Question: Is there a way to load the silverstripe cms and log into it without a domain, using the ip address and file path?.

Details of your query go here
We have moved from silverstripe to wordpress and new hosting, but we still require access to silverstripe cms content pages for reference, it’s still with the old host. Is there a way to log in to the SS admin area and access page content without a domain, using the ip address of old host and file path. I can’t seem to figure out what the file path would be.

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

Unless the Silverstripe install has been specifically overridden, it will work just fine on an IP address without needing any changes. You just need to make sure that the IP address is serving content from the Silverstripe installation.

If you don’t control the hosting, then it’s quite possible you won’t be able to do this, since the host may use the same IP address for multiple websites, and rely on the hostname to know which to serve. In this case, you’ll need to set up a different domain or subdomain to point at the old hosting, and configure that to serve the Silverstripe install.

Hello there, thank you so much for your response.

I sent your advice over to our hosting company, they made some changes and the site now loads using only the ip address.

One issue i have is the site is loading from the html folder, this is an older version of silverstripe. I need the ip address to pull from the production folder so we can access the latest version of silverstripe. Not sure how to do this so i’ve asked the hosting company for help.

Do you have any ideas how I could do this ?

Thanks,
Harry

Your hosting company should have the answer for that. It sounds like a configuration issue.