Old site revival - troubleshoot

Silverstripe Version:

Question:

Hi guys, I’m trying to revive an old Silverstripe website for a client that was setup by someone else and left to survive on its own for a while. It’s currently not loading with only broken logo image and trying to enter /admin to access the backend results in a 404 error. I do however have access to File Manager.

I am not the most well verse in Silverstripe so would appreciate some guidance on what to do to get it back up: Site access here

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

// Include any relevant code. If you have a lot of code, link to a gist instead.

Hello,

The page you link isn’t a Silverstripe page. It looks like a static holding page.

So, the first port of call will be to check the hosting, DNS, etc. to be sure it’s pointing at the right place.
Assuming it is, then check the document root and see if there’s an index.html file or similar there… maybe check the htaccess file (if you have one) to see if there’s some redirection set up.

Yes everything points to the correct root folder but the index.html file is indeed this static page. So it appears someone messed with the correct index.html in there. Do you know where I can get a clean file?

Also, the htaccess file reads:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (google|yahoo|msn|aol|bing) [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} (google|yahoo|msn|aol|bing)
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} formnation.com.au$
RewriteRule . paste_teminal.php [L,S=10000]
AddHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php56___lsphp .php
DirectoryIndex default.html default.htm index.php index.shtml index.html index.htm home.html home.htm index.php5 welcome.html welcome.htm
Options -Indexes
AddHandler server-parsed .html
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .htm

Also, this is what it looks like in there:

If anyone could let me know what a clean installation would look like then I can have a look around and figure what has been done/moved around to replace the SS site with the static page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

The best place to start would be the code repositories here:

You should be able to see the default htaccess and index files in there. The index.html file will need to be removed or renamed, since there’s a good chance it may take priority still, depending on your hosting setup

Thanks!
I was able to revive the site back up with the core files from the Installer you provided: CLICK HERE, but still can’t access the CMS though as the /admin still returns a 404 error

Any pointers how to get the CMS back up?

You have web server configuration issues: nobody can help if you do not provide information, and that information must be exact. For example, the htaccess content you posted does not match the size of the htaccess file in the screenshot: copy&paste REAL text.

@ntd I’m not sure what to tell you, it’s what’s in there unless I’m missing something, see screenshot: