Possible column collation issue with database on upgrading Silverstripe

I am on my last little bit of finalising the upgrade of the CMS. I am still trying to import (MySQL) the data from the old site (MySQL database) .

I export it via phpMyAdmin (via cPanel – live site) and import it via phpMyAdmin (via WAMP – test site).

I run dev/build/Flush =1 and it runs OK for a bit but hits a snag:

[Emergency] Uncaught SilverStripe\ORM\Connect\DatabaseException: Couldn’t run query: ALTER TABLE “File” ADD “Version” int(11) not null default ‘0’, ADD “CanViewType” enum(‘Anyone’,‘LoggedInUsers’,‘OnlyTheseUsers’,‘Inherit’) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci default ‘Inherit’, ADD “CanEditType” enum(‘LoggedInUsers’,‘OnlyTheseUsers’,‘Inherit’) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci default ‘Inherit’, ADD “FileHash” varchar(255) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci, ADD “FileFilename” varchar(255) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci, ADD “FileVariant” varchar(255) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci, ADD index “Name” (“Name”), ADD index “FileHash” (“FileHash”), CHANGE “ClassName” “ClassName” enum(‘SilverStripe\Assets\File’,‘SilverStripe\Assets\Folder’,‘SilverStripe\Assets\Image’,‘File’,‘Folder’,‘Image’) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci default ‘SilverStripe\Assets\File’, CHANGE “Name” “Name” varchar(255) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci, CHANGE “Title” “Title” varchar(255) character set utf8mb4 collate utf8mb4_unicode_ci, CHANGE “ShowInSearch” “ShowInSearch” tinyint(1) unsigned not null default ‘1’ Column ‘Title’ cannot be part of FULLTEXT index

GET /myx-project/public/dev/build?flush=1

Line 64 in C:\wamp64\www\myx-project\vendor\silverstripe\framework\src\ORM\Connect\DBConnector.php

I’m having difficulty reading that error which may be contributing to my confusion.

Do I need to change column types for exporting the old data or do something about it when importing the data? Is it something else?

Formatting might help make it readable:

Check/drop the index it mentions on the last line.

I just did a default install of 4.12 with the same encoding/collation.