setValue for UploadField

Silverstripe Version: 4.9

Question: There is any way to set default value for UploadField?

I have a question about setting default image for my DataObject. I have in database photo that i want to add as default for my input(UploadField) i want to load the Image to UploadField and if user save form simply save this image but if someone want to change img a want to save this image saved by user. Below is my code.

private static $has_one = array(
    'Image' => Image::class,
);

public function getCMSFields()
{
    $fields = new FieldList();
    $img = new UploadField('Image');
    $img->setFolderName('path/to/my/folder');
    $img->getValidator()->setAllowedExtensions(array('jpg', 'gif', 'png'));
    $fields->push($img);

(Here i have logic for download the image object that i want to use as default image $Image is my object)

$fields->dataFieldByName('Image')->setValue($Image->ID);   
}

Im trying too the other option as documentation say:

$fields->dataFieldByName('Image')->setValue(array('Files'=>array($Image->ID)));

Any way the image not loaded to my admin page there is any way to achive this?
Thank you in advance for help :slight_smile:

It’s not something I’ve tried, but you might be able to do something by adding an extension on populateDefaults() - The DataObject class has an extension hook for that purpose (silverstripe-framework/DataObject.php at 4 · silverstripe/silverstripe-framework · GitHub)

In there I think you ought to be able to get the Image object and set it using $this->Image() = $MyDefaultImage; or possibly just using the ID: $this->ImageID = $MyDefaultImage->ID;

I just checked something like this according to this docs

public function populateDefaults() 
	{
		[logic for dowload default image object from db as $defaultImage]
		$this->Image = $defaultImage->ID;
		parent::populateDefaults();
	}

but this unfortunately doesn’t load the photo properly either. im checking my method on TextField and its working so the problem is only with UploadField and i dont know how to resolve this ;/

but there is one thing i noticed that if i dont have

private static $has_one = array(
        'Image' => Image::class
    );

and i simply made the input

$img = new UploadField('Image');
    $img->setFolderName('path/to/my/folder');
    $img->getValidator()->setAllowedExtensions(array('jpg', 'gif', 'png'));
    $fields->push($img);

the method setValue loading the image to UploadField but i can select multiple images in this field maybe if i have relations loading value must be done differently. im not an expert in SS so I combine as much as I can :)))

Ok im finally did it, everything was fine but i didint notice that i didint call this function anywhere so…

public function getCMSFields()
    {
        ... code ...
        $this->populateDefaults();
    }
	public function populateDefaults() 
	{
		[logic for dowload default image object from db as $defaultImage]
		$this->Image = $defaultImage->ID;
		parent::populateDefaults();
	}
}

So… TIM your answer was perfect for me :slight_smile: Thank you very much! :slight_smile: