Silverstripe 4.9 ERROR composer 2.3 update

Silverstripe Version: 4.9

Question:
Hello.
Does anyone know if there is a working FIX for the composer 2.3 error on update?

I’ve googled around but I found only a manual method which looks really weird. I don’t want to break anything and I’m looking for a working official fix.
Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Dmitri Kotov

It depends what exactly you mean by this.

If you mean this issue where errors occur when trying to run commands that are part of the vendor or plugin recipe, there was a new version of the recipe plugin package - updating silverstripe/recipe-plugin to at least 1.6.0 should resolve that.

If you mean the plugin commands won’t run at all, you’ll need to make sure you have added them to your allowed_plugins config in the composer.json file. You should get prompted to do this the first time you run a composer update/install but in case you accidentally told it to not allow them, you can copy this into your composer.json:

"config": {
    "allow-plugins": {
        "composer/installers": true,
        "silverstripe/recipe-plugin": true,
        "silverstripe/vendor-plugin": true
    }
}

If there’s some other error you’re running into, please include more details (for example the actual error output itself).

1 Like

Yes, I’m exactly about this issue #18 and I couldn’t find a solution. Thank you!!