SilverStripe and ProxySQL

Has any one had any success setting ProxySQL up to work with Silverstripe? I get errors like:

Unknown Error] Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘.“ClassName”, “SiteTree_Live”.“LastEdited”, “SiteTree_Live”.“Created”, "SiteTree’ at line 1

I can see the connection being made in the ProxySQL log but nothing every comes back from it. The sites work fine without ProxySQL being in the mix.

I’ve never used ProxySQL before - but my guess is that Silverstripe CMS is using that syntax that ProxySQL doesn’t support.

I’d recommend grabbing the full SQL string, and testing it as a direct query to the database. If that still fails with the same error, then you now have a full SQL string that fails to use in a bug report to ProxySQL.

Thanks for the response. The techs working on this discovered the solution to get the SS queries passed through ProxySQL is to enable fast_forward=1 in the proxysql.conf file. They found this out last night.

1 Like

Example config section:

{
    username="somename",
    password="***************************"
    default_hostgroup=1,
    fast_forward=1,
    active=1
}

Unfortunately fast_forward=1 bypasses the query layer in ProxySQL which means that it cannot be used to capture/manipulate queries passing through. Makes it a bit useless to me.