Silverstripe v4.3 migration issue

Silverstripe Version: 4.3

Question: Silverstripe won’t load correctly after migrating from public server to an internal server, blank page and error message showing constantly. Help please.

Details of your query go here

First time attempting this.

I took the following steps to migrate Silverstripe from public server to internal server:

1. Export db and upload to internal server
  2. Copy all files across
  3. Give 777 permissions to silverstripe-cache and assets folder
  4. Update _ss_environment.php and connect to database. Change from ‘live’ to ‘dev’
  5. Update Url mapping address in _ss_environment.php

Have I missed anything ?

I can’t run dev/build at all or flush any cache. I manualy deleted cache files from silverstripe-cache folder which is now empty.

Internal server php version is 7.3.28. Silverstripe v4.3 requires ‘PHP 5.3.3 or higher, preferably PHP 5.3.4.’ Is this the problem ??

I get following error message and sometimes 403 error: Fatal error: Cannot use ‘Object’ as class name as it is reserved in /var/www/html/framework/core/Object.php on line 17

Any advice is appreciated.

This error message indicates that you are not using Silverstripe CMS 4.3 (i.e. you still had outdated dependencies). I recommend you delete the /var/www/html/framework/ directory, double check your constraints in composer.json, and run composer update -W to ensure all of your dependencies get updated correctly.