Trouble installing with WAMP

** 4.8.0** I

Question: Trouble installing with WAMP

Hello, I am having a lot of trouble installing silverstripe. I am using WAMP.

I’m running the composer installation inside of the www folder, and adding the .env file.

But when I run vendor/bin/sake dev/build I am getting:

// error-log.ERROR: Uncaught Exception SilverStripe\ORM\Connect\DatabaseException: "Couldn't connect to MySQL database | Access denied for user '<user>'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" at C:\wamp64\www\my-project\vendor\silverstripe\framework\src\ORM\Connect\DBConnector.php line 64 {"exception":"[object] (SilverStripe\\ORM\\Connect\\DatabaseException(code: 0): Couldn't connect to MySQL database | Access denied for user '<user>'@'localhost' (using password: YES) 

I am also not seeing the install screen in the browser. I am just getting

Warning: mysqli::real_connect(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [sha256_password] in C:\wamp64\www\my-project\vendor\silverstripe\framework\src\ORM\Connect\MySQLiConnector.php on line  *113*

Detailed advice is appreciated since I’m obviously very confused.

Thanks!

The error message suggests that the username and password for the database are wrong, or that the user doesn’t have sufficient permissions set up to access the database.

I’m not a WAMP user, so I can’t give detailed advice about that bit, but I’m sure Google has the answer. If you get a user set up which has the right access to the database, and put those credentials in your .env file, it should work.

Can we maybe see your .env file to see if there are any weird things in there. Obviously leave password blank :slight_smile: